Monday, September 27, 2010

my little sweetie

Over snack today, after school we were chatting about our days.

Madeleine was telling me about who she sat by at lunch. Apparently, the little girl was irritating her by interrupting her. When I asked Mado how she was interrupting her she said,

"She just kept interrupting me while I was talking to Jesus."
"Jesus?" I said. What were you talking to him about?
"On recess Abby told me she hated me. I was talking to him about that. I was asking him if she was right. In all my life, I've never heard his voice."

Breaks my heart that kids can hurt each other so much at such a young age. But how cool that Madeleine is choosing to talk to God when her heart hurts! Made me tear up and smile at the same time.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! Sad about the mean girl, but it's wonderful that Mado knows what to do about it. :) She's an amazing little girl. I miss her!!!