Thursday, September 23, 2010

Madeleine 5 1/2


Madeleine is (almost) 5 1/2. I really don't know how that happened.
She's in her third week of kindergarten and seems to really love it.
She loves learning.
She listens and pays close attention to detail- all the time.
She's interested in languages and culture and asks a lot of questions.
She loves reading and is really good at it.
She loves homework. She will do workbook pages as long as you give them to her.
She adores music and moving her body.
I think the background of her life is constant song. I love it.
She sings to me every morning in the car on the way to school. She suggested today that maybe we could call the radio station and she could sing some praise songs on the radio since they don't have any on their stations.
She loves piano, and just began her first official lessons. I hope she'll continue to love it.
She is incredibly sensitive, empathetic, thoughtful, and sympathetic.
She has a huge heart and loves very unconditionally.
She has a remarkable memory and still speaks constantly of her very first friends whom she hasn't seen in many years.
She is generous.
She is kind.
She is hard headed.
She is strong willed.
She loves treasure.
She sees beauty everywhere.
She dislikes doctors offices.
Some days I think she's the most inflexible kid ever, and then I realize how amazingly flexible she is in so many other ways.
She's afraid of needles, germs and apparently losing teeth.
She has her first loose tooth that will fall out soon-( we hope!)
She is a loyal friend.
She is patient.
She thinks deeply, and challenges me daily.
She's an incredibly loving big sister.

God has huge things in store for her. I know it. I'm excited to see what they are!



1 comment:

Jenny said...

Such a sweet, beautiful little girl! I really hope I get to meet her one of these days!