There's a lot going on in our lives. We've been busy, and usually enjoy it :)
The biggest news is that this week, on Friday Isaac will be defending his dissertation. We are so unbelievably excited. This is a moment we've been waiting for for a very long time- over 6 years!
We would appreciate your prayers for him as he finishes up some last minute details and goes into this defense on Friday. Graduation will be on May 7th!!
While preparing for this he's been busy applying for many many jobs in the midst of this lovely economy. We're continue to wait for what the next step will be for us. (anyone need a french prof?)
We've also been busy visiting schools and applying to various schools for Madeleine to start Kindergarten. I can hardly believe she's old enough to be starting school, and am confused on how I'm old enough to have a kid starting school! Time flies. We're anxiously awaiting news of what school she will be given a spot in. We really hoping she gets into a wonderful French immersion school in St. Paul.
Maxiel is 13 months old and getting busier by the day. He's still not walking, but motors around pretty quickly in the crawl. He's getting into things and showing a bit more of his naughty side ;)
He's beginning to communicate his needs more clearly which is good and also loud at times. He seems to be a funny little guy and we're loving getting to know what he's going to be about.
I am about two weeks into a competition through the YWCA called the meltdown. I've been blessed with wonderful, very motivating friends to work out with and am really enjoying the challenge. I'm hoping that I will also being able to reach some goals I've set for myself in trying to lose a bit of what my two beautiful kiddos left me with. :) With this, I'm hoping to run in my first race (distance still to be decided..but leaning towards a 5K.)
2 comments:
Yay, Laura, thanks for the update!
Yes, it's scary to see how all of a sudden we have school-age kids and we're just kids ourselves, aren't we?
nous pensons à vous tous très fort et croisons les doigts pour Isaac vendredi
Love
Audrey
Post a Comment