Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Nap time"

Today's nap time was well...not so successful.
Madeleine is hit or miss with naps, but I try to have her take a quiet time even if she doesn't nap. Today she came out after only 20 minutes so I told her she needed to go back in her room until 3:00. She got her clock and asked what time was 3:00. I showed her, and said, "when the big hand is at the top."

Well...maybe 10 minutes later she comes out of her room with a strange smirk on her face, holding her clock. Which sure enough mysteriously now read 6:00.....iiiinteresting. :)




Maxiel kicked his play gym over for the first time today :p


This was the cute little guy I saw after the rescue :)


3 comments:

Test said...

We have a clock that projects the time on the ceiling. Miles knows he can't come out of his room till 3:00. I think he sits for 2 hours and just waits for it to say 3:00! Oh well, at least I get a break!

Sammy said...

HA! to both. What did we do before children for entertainment?!

And Laura, another book I have to tell you about -- Accountable Kids -- recommends always having at least an hour of quiet time even when the kids are big and in school. I don't know about you but I'm all on board for that!

Peggy said...

Laura,

You do such a fantastic job with this blog. The arm and leg sticking out of the toppled play-gym is hysterical! Mado is a sweet big sis indeed. Keep up the good work. It's such fun.