Sunday, October 10, 2010

Missing

Since our move I'm finding Sundays are my hardest day. During the week there's enough going on between getting Mado to and from school, making and packing lunches and snack, keeping up with the house and caring for Max that I don't have as much time to think about what is missing in my life.
There's so many great things about the weekend. Now that Mado is in school full time we miss her. It's great to have weekends to spend time together as a family. We're a slow moving, low key family and we love to just be together. I'm finding though, that with the slowing of the days on the weekend, Sundays leave me a little bit sad.

I miss so much, some of the things we left behind when we left our home. I miss Hiawatha Church with all my heart. I loved Sundays in Minneapolis. I looked forward to Sunday. I loved our church. I love the people that became our family. I loved being lead by true, genuine God loving, Gospel believing people who really lived what they taught. If you live in the twin cities and don't have a church home, GO visit Hiawatha Church. They are amazing.

I really miss my community of friends and fellow moms that I got to live every day life with. (Although I don't miss the plagues that go around ;). )

I really miss the midtown YWCA and my amazing friends who pushed me and encouraged me many many hours there. (So much so, that I dream about it. Last night I dreamed that Isaac somehow gave me the "ok" to keep my membership there. It felt SO real. I woke up sorely disappointed.)

I really miss target. Shallow? Stupid? Oh well. I miss it... A LOT. If I want a new long sleeved t-shirt it's not such a simple request anymore. I have to want it enough to sit down at the computer, shop online, and either order enough stuff to qualify for free shipping, or turn a cheap t-shirt into a not so cheap item when paying to get it here.

I really miss the hugs I got from the little kiddos and the fun conversations I got to listen to. I miss seeing Madeleine's face light up when I let her know one of those kiddos was coming over for a play date...or a sleep over.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Awwww Laura, I'm sorry! I STILL (a year later) miss so many things about Redding, which really became home to us. It's so hard to fill the void when you've had such amazing friends, a church that you LOVE... I know, we've been there.:( Hey, at least you can order Target online and they'll SHIP it to you- they don't ship to Canada... and I don't know if Target can ever be replaced. :) Love you!!!

Emily said...

I guess you'll just have to move back. :)

Come on, God, we know you can give Issac a great job back in Minneapolis. PLEEEEEEEEEASE?

Sorry Sundays are hard. I'm sure Walmart sells shirts, right? Hahaha.

At least you don't have to worry about the lice.