Monday, May 3, 2010

get in gear 10k

A few weekends ago I had the chance to run in my first race! The last 5 months I've spent many hours in the gym with some wonderful, motivating friends with one of my goals being to run the get in gear 10K. Race morning I woke up to a complete down pour. By race time is was still raining pretty hard, and it was pretty much freezing but we had an awesome time.
I don't know about the other moms out there but for me sometimes I feel like my job is never done and it can be hard to feel like I don't actually achieve things. Having the goal to run this race, and be able to finish it felt so great. I hope this is just the beginning of many more races. Anyone want to come to NY and run one? ;)



These girls, Sara, Rachel and Emily are the girls who keep me going and kick my booty in the gym regularly. I love you girls!

No comments: