It's been crazy and I've been slacking on the blog. Life is getting busy!
Isaac arrived safely to Minneapolis yesterday from his 6 week trip to Africa. He spent today running errands and preparing to fly up here to Alaska to see US tomorrow!
We are so excited. There's more photos I will upload when i get a chance.
For the time being I wanted to share a poem Mado wrote.
One night this last week at bed time she told me she wanted to start writing poems at bed time.
So I got a note pad and pen and left it by her bed. The first night she started it with the first 3 or 4 lines, and then she went crazy and finished it tonight. It was so hilariously awesome that I had to post it.
She wrote the whole poem (dictating to me) and then told me what the title was.
The Hungry Candy Kids
Calvin Alvin and
Mado Rado
Ate all their candy
And made them sad-o
The sad-o kids
Were too sad
And they couldn't stop crying
They wanted more candy
From their moms
They knew
They were gonna get in trouble
Their moms came and saw
That they ate all their candy
So they gave their kids
Some more candy
They let all their family
Eat some candy
Together
They were happy cause
They could play with the knids
They had a party of fun
By Mado Joslin
4 comments:
"Have a party of fun" may be my new catch phrase!
Word. That's a party I'd like to attend. :)
Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about the wedding/family reunion!
I love that Calvin is in this poem. It makes my heart happy.
Oops, I mean- those naughty naughty kids!!
that is a wonderful piece of story-telling -- isn't it just unbelievable being able to take glimpses inside their heads like that?
Post a Comment