Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring IS here!

The moment we have been waiting for has finally arrived. Those of us in Minnesota can finally safely say, spring is here! It's been in the 60's, people are out, parks are full and you're seeing neighbors you haven't seen in months!

Two very exciting things happened for us this week.

#1- the sidewalk chalk came out!!


#2- I got to hang the diapers on the line!


To some people this may seem like an odd thing to be excited about but I was so thrilled. I didn't cloth diaper with Madeleine, but with a little influence from friends was brought to "the other side". I really LOVE it! The things I thought would be hard, really aren't hard at all and some of the things that didn't cross my mind are the harder parts :)
One of the coolest things I've experienced lately was the fact that hanging them on the line for a few hours to dry will actually get stains out! The sun is like a chemical free stain remover :) Amazing.

4 comments:

Leah Miller said...

What is a hard thing you never thought about?

Emily said...

Yay for Spring!!!

Joslin3 said...

Leah, you and your questions! ;)
Um, the main things were:
-getting the wash routine down so they didn't stink.
-figuring out an overnight routine so my baby didn't leak all over my bed.
-figuring out a routine for going out and about in cloth- having a wet bag for the dirties(which i would not have thought of without you and Jess), learning to have both cloth wipes and disposable wipes in case there's no water near...

Sammy said...

Nice clothes line!

And isn't it rewarding to know that you've tackled the toughest things about CDing? Seriously, overnight and the stinkies are the problems you hear over and over on the boards... and you've already solved them! Hooray. :)

And now we can sell the outgrown stuff and you get money back. How is this not better than paper diapers?! ;)