Friday, February 27, 2009

on my toes

Life with two kids is keeping me on my toes. Madeleine is so independent that she does most things for herself. When it was just the two of us, things went smoothly and pretty predictable. Things are more interesting these days :)
This morning we went to Pump it up with friends. Of course I have no photos of that because I was lucky to have the million other things I packed for the outing. Madeleine had a blast and it was great to get out. Afterward we ran to target to eat our lunch with friends and grab a few things we needed.
That's where we experienced out first complete blow out. Poop was all over his clothes, and he was in an outfit that needed to come off over his head... you moms know what that's like.
So, I was kinda cracking up and just trying to deal with it. Thankfully, had extra clothes. Well just as everything was getting cleaned up the dreaded fountain... everywhere. AH.
It was nuts. But we made it, got the things we needed and got home. Both kids are napping, the groceries are inside AND the laundry is going. phew.

And.. my mom comes tomorrow! We're so excited!!

5 comments:

Leah Miller said...

Was he wearing a cloth diaper when it happened? Just wondering. I have yet to hear about a blow out with cds.

Sorry your outing was so crappy! (pun intended- hahahahahaha!)

La famille Marine said...

glad you're having fun; you're dealing well :-) crazy times!!

Joslin3 said...

yes leah, he was. he was in a BG organic..
but his legs are still pretty little so hopefully it won't happen often, right?!

Emily said...

Oh my! I had no idea things got crazy for you in Target after we parted to shop! Glad you handled it like a pro. ;)

Denise said...

Oh my Laura!!! What a day!!! Woohoo on the CD'ers!!